Yealink Phones User Guide
Explore the Visual User Guide for Yealink T46U – your comprehensive resource for harnessing the power of these advanced IP phones designed for modern businesses. The Yealink T46U boasts a wealth of features, including HD audio, a vivid color touchscreen, support for multiple lines, programmable keys, comprehensive call management tools, enhanced security, seamless voicemail access, and seamless integration with VoIP platforms. This Yealink Phones User Guide equips you to fully understand how to use the Yealink T46U.
Yealink Keypad Visual User Guide
Allows you to choose a phone line, see calls associated with a line, or rapidly dial a favorite contact.
Allows you to choose contextually relevant keys that appear along the lower edge of the screen.
Navigates through the information and choices visible on the phone screen.
Aborts an action or declines incoming calls.
Modulates the volume of the handset, headset, and speaker.
Enables you to make and receive calls using a headset
Silences audio during calls and conferences.
Pauses an ongoing call or resumes a paused call.
Allows you to retrieve voicemail messages.
Move an ongoing call to a specific contact.
Allows you to call the most recent dialed number or extension
Allows you to initiate and accept calls using the speakerphone.
How to Perform Call Functions on Yealink Phone
Placing a Call
• Lift the receiver to use the handset phone
• Press the Headset key use the headset.
• Press the Speakerphone key use the speakerphone.
Answering a Call
• Lift the receiver to use the handset phone.
• Press the Headset key to answer a call via headset.
• Press the Speakerphone key to answer a call via speakerphone.
Placing a Call on Hold
Starting a Conference Call
2. Dial the extension of the other party that you would
like to add to the call.
3. Once the other party answers, press the Conference
soft key to merge the two calls.
Transferring a Call
- During an ongoing call, press the Transfer soft key.
- Enter the number of the second party.
- After the recipient answers, provide necessary information and confirm their willingness to take the call.
- Press the Transfer soft key again.
- While engaged in an active call, press the Transfer soft key.
- Select the Blind soft key.
- Enter the extension of the third party.
- Press the Transfer soft key again.
- Press the Transfer soft key.
- Choose the Blind soft key.
- Dial the voicemail’s extension number, prefixed with a plus sign.
Parking a Call
- During an ongoing call, press the More soft key repeatedly until the Park soft key appears.
- Select the Park soft key.
- Listen for the announcement confirming the call’s parking, including the extension where it’s parked.
- Remember the park location, such as *802.
- While engaged in an active call, press ##*3.
- Listen for the confirmation that the call has been successfully parked, along with the extension where it’s parked.
- Note the park location, for instance, *802.
Retrieving a Parked Call
Initiating an Intercom Call
• Input your extension number and then press #.
• Enter your voicemail PIN and then press #.
Recording a Call
• Press the *9 again to conclude the recording.
In conclusion, this Visual User Guide has provided you with an insightful journey through the powerful features and functionalities of the Yealink T46U IP phone. With its HD audio, intuitive touchscreen, versatile line support, programmable keys, and robust call management capabilities, the Yealink T46U stands as an exceptional communication solution for modern businesses. By integrating seamlessly with VoIP platforms and offering enhanced security and voicemail access, this phone ensures a streamlined and secure communication experience. As you navigate the customizable options and flexible connectivity features highlighted in this Yealink Phones User Guide, you’re equipped to harness the full potential of the Yealink T46U and elevate your professional communication endeavors.